Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Come Holy Spirit

Except for the sound of the crickets the night is quiet and calm where I am. Though not so much that way in my thoughts. I am a bit on the edge and have been all day.  For me the calmness will only come when I read the Word...listen to worship music...and actually worship the Lord while doing these things. Oh...and writing...it helps to just pen my thoughts and feelings down.
The Lord brings peace to us in the midst of our troubles. And I am thankful.

So, while trying to sort out for myself the things that are putting me on the edge...I took a break and picked up a magazine! In the story a line from Steel Magnolias was quoted..

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

Well, I have to say that tears and emotion aren't even "words" I like. Not to mention actual things I like! But...God used that one line to speak this to me...


Hold on to the moment when you are able to find laughter in the midst of your tears...don't ever take it lightly. Why? Because to reach the point where you find the laughter you first have to fight through all the heaviness...the pain...the reason you are filled with the tears. So when you can once again tell the stories and release the pain...laughter will surely flow back in to you. Then, when the laughter comes allow it to flow through you because I think it is a gift from God. To have laughter, and let it flow out of you, is a by product of having allowed the Holy Spirit to apply the salve...the healing balm...to your mind, heart and soul for the hurt/adversity you carry in your heart.

Ask the Holy Spirit to come. To fill you with Him.

Come Holy Spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR0uTNwIqOY

No comments:

Post a Comment